6.01.2005

White Plains: Punk Ass Town, Kick Ass Library

While White Plains is a rather hodge-podge town (awesome mall, 6 square blocks of downtown and a greasy restaurant called Sea World) (no joke), the library is mind-bogglingly comprehensive. I guess this is where all the personal taxes that the obscenely wealthy pay go- i've never been so grateful for taxes in my life. Their book-on-cd section is hooge! They have DVDs! LIke popular ones that were recently in theaters! There are 6 floors of books! The lighting is subdued but page illuminating! It's early seventies civic architecture which always reminds me of my happy childhood when my nose was stuffed in a book.


It was like going to a new house, and finding that it was home. Check out the catalog- and try not to envy me. Green is not your colour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home