6.03.2005

Celebrity Court! (well, not really)

Most Awesome Legal Part of Today: In a brief, I had to cite People v. Shakur (as in Tupac) for a procedural matter only. It reminded me of my 3rd year dorm room, when I woke up every morning to Tasha's big Tupac poster next to her Marley-with-a-blunt poster and above her Winnie-the-Pooh calendar. (to this day, I think about how we should have put our posters on the opposite walls, so she could have enjoyed her shirtless, drug-addled men and I could have enjoyed my wall-o-postcards-and-new-yorker-covers. I should email her and ask if she ever thought of it).

I think all celebrities should be attached to procedural cases- then we could just say "Is that a Letterman matter? Do we need to have a Spears hearing? Did the defendant waive his Affleck rights?" I suppose that might become too much of a good thing, but writing "the defendant, Mr. Shakur" just made my day.


Tomorrow, I tackle the city. Perhaps a lil soho or some chinatown. Definitely some shopping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home