7.17.2005

Meh

So i've been on a fabulous four-day vague illness streak that is not one cohesive virus/bug/genetic disorder, but instead a variety pack of internal crapiness feelings and external clumsiness injuries. Most of the time I deal with illness by saying "At least I feel ok (diabetes)" or "At least I'm not gonna die because of it (pretty much everything else)" but yesterday I had a really wicked low (monitor claims it was 58 but since monitor later said it was still 58 after about 30 quick carbs, I claim 40) and had a panic about the fact that if I could not get this soy milk open quickly, I would die right there in the middle of the Nordstrom's shoe sale. That feeling, btw, is only about 60% melodrama, because the salespeople were very very busy and probably would not notice me until it was too late. So then the rollercoaster of blood sugar screwed with my head and stomach and zapped all my energy and made me miss the curb and cut up my knee. Sometimes, despite the fun paraphenalia and the ability to freak people out by sticking needles into myself in public, juvenile diabetes really sucks ass.



Hopefully I will have snapped out of this body/brain funk before tomorrow. Or maybe the sun will come out. After all, if a new Harry Potter book couldn't lift my spirits for more than a day, it's gonna take some great weather or an unexpected bit of good news. Anyone engaged? Or desparately wanting to pay back my loans?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home