6.12.2005

Conversations with my mother

My mom is currently at my apartment in Richmond and calls periodically to ask if I want certain delineated things from it. I've had 3 calls this morning. what follows is a selection of the best moments.

1st call [near the beginning]

Me: Should I go intto the city if it's gonna be storming?

Mom: I don't see why not. You should go to the Met and enjoy the art.

Me: [thinks about plans to go to the Virgin Megastore] hmm... maybe. If i make it up there...

3rd Call [halfway through the conversation]

Mom: Do you want me to bring these black strappy shoes to wear with the dress you bought for the wedding?

Me: No, I have shoes [thinking "hmmm... new shoes for wedding?]

Mom: Where did you wear these shoes?

Me: Law Prom

Mom: No, you wore those coral shoes to law prom... O, last year's law prom.

Me: Yup.

Mom: What about these cute pink shoes?

Me: [thinks about what she is talking about- remembers pair of pink shoes] Nah, I think I will wear the shoes I am wearing right now

Mom: You don't want to ruin the shoes you'd wear to the wedding in a thunderstorm.

Me: [pauses] But [thinks "why does she have to be so damned right all the time???" and changes entire outfit]

Gotta go- 4th call.

4th call [from Dad, Mum in background]

Dad: You should keep a diary while you're in NY.

Me: I'm keeping a blog

Dad: But don't put it online

Me: Tooo late [over dad's worrying] Don't worry! I don't have my last name or my specific location up so stalkers can't come kidnap me.

Dad: Well... [Mom says something in background] Remember to bring snacks into the city.

Me: Because there's no food in New York.

Dad: Just in case.

Me: I'm leaving now


I'll never get out of my room

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home