9.20.2005

Football Update: There's no such thing as Beginner's Luck

I really really REALLY suck at picking football teams. Let's recap:

Week 1:
Pick Based On: Emotional Attachment to City (cities I've visited or like the names of, I picked)
Result: 2-3 (ouch)

Week 2:
Pick Based On: What three websites said (a composite)
Result: 1-4 (double ouch)

I tell all this to Kate, and she says "But you don't care about football." That's true, nor do I really care about the money (though it never hurts) but I care desperately about winning. I don't mind even losing a little. But being the DEAD LAST in our football pool is not making me feel fantastic. Now Victoria has been picking based on cities she'd like to visit and she is leading the pack. This is just not fair.

So Week 3 plan: Pick based on colors. Hopefully I won't be saying triple ouch on the blog next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home