9.14.2005

Smack Talk

So my football pool* has been passing some spicy smack talk over the email channels. I couldn't help but to notice that the women were abstaining from the general trashy banter flying back and forth. Now I know that the ladies in this pool are not big on the football, because otherwise I think we'd be joining in the fray. And before you make some sort of crass gendered argument about women being the fairer sex, ask yourself two questions:

a. Have I played Trivial Pursuit with Julia?
b. Do I remember the pre-game smack talk, the midst-game disparagement and the post-game gloating?

I should join in. Heck, I can evenly distribute abuse with the best of them. Which these guys aren't.

tee-hee




*Yes! I know! I'm in a football pool! What IS up with that? Well...
a. I had no choice- I was in
b. I just need to pick teams every week (old plan: pick based on cities you want to visit/have emotional attachment too. Result: 2-3. new plan options: read sports pages (not likely) get someone who reads sports pages to advise me (much more likely) letting someone pick for me (any takers?))
c. I should learn about football sometime, right? Why not give it a try now? When people will be gathering and eating and talking during the football games every Sunday? After all, this is the same group that I watched the infamous Super Bowl with and I was the only one who saw Janet's nipple. It's an observant crowd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home