10.19.2005

one difference between undergrad and law school:
if in undergrad, I had started writing a paper the week before it was due, I would be so far ahead of the game that i would be invisible to those people playing the game. Now, even though it's a draft and I've done lots of research, I feel like I've shanked myself, prison style.


sing-sing 2k5, y'all.

also? someone send me the link to the funny shining trailer pleese. I just can't find the one with the peter gabriel song that everyone keeps referencing.


there are pigeons roosting outside my creepy window and a bit outside my orchid window as well. they've pooped all over the house next door and occasionally get stuck in the gutter (there is much scraping and flapping of wings), but I don't know how I would get them to leave. Also, the cooing is very relaxing at night. And it's not like I open the creepy window ever (it's the creepy window, folks).* Did you know that pigeons and doves are the same bird (somehow)? I can't scientifically back that up with a link (because i'm supposed to be writing my paper) but more than one person has told me that.


* the story of the creepy window (in case you don't know it): Ft. Awesome's living room/foyer has a window just like every Ft Awesome room (here at Ft Awesome, we wouldn't have it any other way). When I initially toured Ft. Awesome, the former residents had their couch pushed against that wall and the curtain drawn, so I didn't look out. Then when I first entered an empty Ft. Awesome, that was the only window with the shade drawn and I didn't pay it any mind. Finally, my first night of sleeping at Ft. Awesome, I pull up the shade to find the creepiest little attic window of the house next door not two feet from my face. It's like the window that the chick in (spoiler alert!) the Ring would come out of if there were no such things as TVs. That was a bad analogy, but live with it. I freaked a little (squealed like the young girl that I was once, then dropped the blind with a resounding crash, then called my mom) and then resolved not to look out the creepy window again. To this day, it is the only window in Ft. Awesome with curtains as well as a shade and a chair keeping those curtains closed. And a working lock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home