10.25.2005

Sometimes when I'm doing work or working out or just trying to be mindless, I listen to the same sng like a bjillion times in a row. Usually it has no words and is rather jazzy or latin, like Dave Brubeck or Tito Puente, so I can just hear the bass line repeat forever or listen to the improvisation until it becomes completely rote. yay for rote!

when i was in the magical philosophy class (the class of joe and self reliance), Freud ruined my repetitive ways for me for about 2 weeks by saying that the urge to repeat is regressive and i obviously just want to climb back into the womb or the primordial ooze and lose my cellular composition. But I say that Freud put some of his patients on coke (the illegal kind of coke) (tho after seeing what coke does to a nail in a week, don't you think coke should be illegal too?) (but not diet coke- the bubbly balm of my soul) to make them feel happier, so really, should we let him deny me my simple pleasures?

the answer is "Never!" Also, Freud was a total crap dad and tried to discourage Jung from publishing his own scholarship. But he did have a nifty collection of African artifacts and a great beard. And a grandchild who painted a slightly unflattering but very interesting picture of QE2.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to mention that Freud gave all counselors to follow an underlying bad reputation. Even high school counselors! I can see the obvious connection to helping a kid apply for college and my underlying need to kill my mother (via thanatos)... (*rolling eyes*) Some people are scared of us because of Freud. How much psychoanalysis can really be done when working out a scheduling conflict? Stupid Freud. I don't mind his daughter too much though...(now I bet THAT was a #$@#ed up father/daughter relationship).

Friday, October 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home