11.27.2005

Ok- the new Hyundai commercial - is that a Tainted Love ripoff I hear? A bad Tainted Love ripoff? respond!!!

(btw look who's back! it's me!)

Best quote of the Holiday (Thanksgiving for my Canadian readers)

My parents and I discuss the Scooter Libby thing and I decide that this time I'm gonna focus my blame lazer on Robert Novak because IMO he's not getting enough flak for being a jackass. Mom counters with the sins of the administration.

Mom (heatedly): Julia, you know Robert Novak is a tool.

Me: (giggles, overcome by the word "tool" coming out of my mother's mouth. I know that she meant it to convey "instrument of the corrupt and childish adminstration" but c'mon, guys- you would laugh, rt? And it's not like my mom knows what tool means)

Mom: Yeah, haha, I know what that word means. Your brother explained it to me.

Me: (busted. and shamefaced.)



ETA: the guy in front of me is listening to The Darkness on his earphones. I can't think of what is scarier: the fact that he's listening to music on his earphones so loud that people sitting 5 feet away can hear it or the fact that i can recognize the Darkness with only 5 bars of faint squeaky music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home