6.06.2005

The Gods of Rain Hath Smote My Sorry Ass...

... It only rained on my walk home from work. Started the moment I stepped outside, stopped the moment I got to my room. I'm not sayin it's a conspiracy because that would be crazy.... or would it?


Today in ct (during a 10 minute get-it-together recess) I was making a list of all the cds i want, and while usually I keep it down to 2-3, now it's up to 7. Then I came home and was just tooling about the internets and found that I really want some Sigur Ros as well. Remember this?


Thoughts in court today:

~Child exploiters are the lowest of the low. (the one on trial right now is not necessarily guilty of the current charge against him, but has been in prison before for such offenses, and it just creeps me out. Especially since he doesn't seem at all subdued or respectful of the judge or anything. It's court, dude! Stop guffawing/smirking/snorting/looking like you need some ritalin- you're not ingratiating yourself to anyone)

~It must be nice to be well-connected in the legal community. The judge hugged the other legal intern today because he knows and loves (platonically) her (lawyer/judge) father. But then again, I had a UVA connection with the prosecutor, who then asked me whether it was strictly necessary to ever live off campus (which made me inwardly cringe- grounds, people!) and so I guess going to a huge and impressive undergrad is kinda like having a legal parent. Except I had to work for it.

(hee! that made me laugh too)

~ Southern NY is just like NoVa. Everyone knows everyone from grade school, and you can tell what section someone is from just based on what they're wearing and their level of obnoxiousness. And the level of obnoxiousness starts at medium high and goes to John Stossel.

- The mullet can be an extremely italian-looking hair style, as long as the hair is thick, curly and black/gray. That mullet should be differently named to reflect its culture of origin- mulletto?

~ In that vein, I'm officially "the Southern Chick" and therefore representing us all from down South. So it's pretty much me, Deliverance and Jimmy Carter. Yeeehaw!



A lil more Sigur Ros with some crazy violin action at the end. I miss mon petit chou :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home