6.06.2005

Re: My Accent

I do too have an accent- it's called the "I'm not from New York so I don't sound like all of you" accent and it makes me sound southern because they can't place me in one of the five boroughs or surrounding states. So they say "you're not from here [I agree] where are you at school [richmond] oooo you have a southern accent" even tho i don't say y'all everybody and have no intentions of marrying any of my cousins.


As a former little-kid-who-moved, I can tell you that when I was in Australia, I was the American kid and when I came back here, I was the Australian kid. So you just end up being the proverbial fish out of his proverbial water wherever you are if you don't stay in the same place all your life. Or unless you found an island nation of your own and then you can be a native Julitopian and force everyone to lisp or say "awesome" every three sentences or it's head-in-the-stocks time. Julitopia would use the all-mighty force of public ridicule for minorish offenses. It's the Julitopian way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home