6.18.2005

Self Delusion's a Beautiful Thing

I just wrote a long post. And then I somehow magically deleted it.



In moments like this, I find it comforting to think that fate was telling me that my last post would have bored most people and really disturbed the rest. Thanks Fate!


In its place, I leave you with a list of excellent funk songs that I recently rediscovered and one cheesy romantic power ballad:*

Express Yourself by Charles Wright & the Watts 103rd St Rhythm Band
Groove Me by King Floyd (I'm always amazed this isn't a chick singing)
I'll Take You There by The Staple Sisters
Think (About It) by Lyn Collins
Rubberband Man by the Spinners (also in the fabulous Office Max commercial)
Midnight Train to Georgia by Gladys Knight & the Pips
Feel Like Makin Love by Bad Company (damn the man who addicted me to this one)
Got to Give It Up (the 11:52 version) by Marvin Gaye (my 3rd yr wake up song)
Mr. Big Stuff by Jean Knight
Love Rollercoaster by the Ohio Players (the "giant funk magnet")
You Sexy Thing by Hot Chocolate
... and a perpetual favorite, only enhanced by its connection to SportsNight (the Aaron Sorkin one)...
Boogie Shoes by K.C. and the Sunshine Band


* I'm not trying to imply that I am very original in my funk tastes, as these are all funk hits you prolly have heard. I just find that they make getting ready for work in the morning a little more enjoyable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home