8.01.2005

In Which I Apologize for Thinking The Worst of Someone...

So I was at the gym tonight, using the pull-down lat machine and this guy is standing around waiting for it (there is always much standing and waiting for machines at the gym- it lets you work on your "my body is sculpted, i am gazing into the distance" pose). I look over at him and he's blatantly staring at me.

Now I am not a fetching creature at the gym. My hair's all sweaty, I'm probably a little red, and I was wearing an oversized t-shirt with a smiling maple leaf on it (from Canada! Our Beautiful Neighbor to the North!). But this guy is lookin like I'm a hit-and-run license plate and he's trying to memorize me for the police.

I think "Thanks for the warning, Sir, me and my knee will be keeping an eye out for you on the way home. Actually, I will be keeping the eye out, my knee will be at the ready for my eye's instructions as it has no eye of its own. So don't try anything or we'll be making sure that you will not be having children in the near future. Unless you have already knocked someone up, and in that case, Mazel Tov."

An hour later, I'm home and I take off my shirt (woo!) and think "what the [expletive deleted]?!?" as I have a purply bruised the size of a kiwi on my upper inside arm. O yes, and that part of my arm would only be exposed by my smiley maple leaf tee-shirt if i were on a pull-down lat machine. Ooops :)

Bottom Line: Maybe that guy is staring at you because there's something horrifically wrong with your personal appearance. But keep the knee on speed dial anyway. And don't stick a needle in your arm if you're in a rush. bleh! I guess it's sleeved shirts for Julia this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home